Terms and Conditions
- All work is handmade and hand finished by Islay Spalding in her workshop in Dundee, therefore some variations in shape, size and texture are normal.
- All precious metals are assayed in Edinburgh and carry the Edinburgh hallmark and Islay's own makers mark.
- Kilt Pins come in a presentation box with care instructions and cleaning cloth.
- All copyrights, designs and masters relating to any works sold remain the property of Islay Spalding Contemporary Jewellery Designs.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer, cheque or a debit/credit card through Paypal. On receiving your order email, Islay will reply with an invoice for the item(s) purchased. Your Kilt Pin will be sent to you once payment has cleared.
- Made To Order Kilt Pins can be paid for upfront or in two instalments, one 50% deposit required to start the work and the other 50% when the Kilt Pin is complete.
- Bespoke Kilt Pins require a £50 non-refundable deposit to start the job. Once design work has been done quotes are given alongside the designs. On confirming the design and total price the £50 deposit is deducted from the final balance, of which half is payable upfront and the other half on completion.
- Expected delivery times depend on whether the Kilt Pin is Made To Order or Ready To Wear. Ready To Wear Kilt Pins will be sent the next working day after payment is received. For expected delivery times on the Made To Order Kilt Pins, please see the individual product listings.
- If you need a Kilt Pin sooner than the given time then let Islay know in your order email and she will endeavour to complete your order in time.
- I charge £10 for postage and packaging within the UK and £15 for everywhere else. If you live nearby you can save yourself the postage by picking up your order from Islay at her workshop in Dundee or from The Tayberry Gallery in Perth. Please state where you would like to pick it up in your email and we will arrange an appropriate time.
- Royal Mail's Special Delivery service is used for addresses within the UK. Your package will be insured and will need signed for, it should arrive the next working day after posting.
- Royal Mail's Airsure is used for addresses in the following countries - Andorra, Austria, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Canary Islands, Corsica, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Madeira, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Spain, Spitzbergen, Sweden, Switzerland and the USA.
- Average delivery guidelines for Royal Mail Airsure: 3 days for Western Europe, 4 days for Eastern Europe and 5 days for the rest of the World. Please note these are guidelines and we cannot be held responsible for carrier delays.
- Where Airsure is unavailable, International Signed For will be used.
- Please note that all shipments to destinations outside of the UK and the EU may be subject to import duties and taxes and you will be responsible for any local taxes and/or duty on your incoming purchase.
Returns and Repairs
- If your order arrives damaged or incorrectly supplied we offer a repair or replacement service. Please contact Islay within 7 days, or if a gift, ask the purchaser to contact us. We will arrange a repair, replacement or gift certificate as appropriate. Refunds are offered at Islay's discretion.
- Islay is happy to repair any items purchased from her. Please email or telephone with a description of what is wrong. A repair quote will be presented before work is carried out.
By placing an order with Islay Spalding Contemporary Jewellery Designs you are accepting these Terms and Conditions.
<< Back to product page
Read ordering details >>